5.29.2009

[.in the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.]



So it’s been awhile, again. I suppose you all are used to it by now. I know I still have to post pictures from San Diego last weekend. And yes, those dreaded old kid pictures of me that you’ve been asking for for the last six months.
Annnyhow, I just wanted to take some time out of this hellish short week to talk about my beautiful best friend Casey (HI BFF). You may remember her from an earlier post > http://chelseylora.blogspot.com/2008/10/barbie-twins-cant-be-separated.html
After she recovered, we all thought she was going to be okay. And she was, until February when she had a large seizure that caused her to go into a coma. Casey was in the hospital, with what turned out to be a very dangerous brain lesion. Over the next few days, she was becoming progressively worse. It was one of the scariest weeks of my life. I took my cell phone in EVERY room with me, making sure I got the update. But then, her blood pressure started dropping. Casey had six different IV bags going into her at the same time. It was terrifying. I then received the dreaded call from Jodi, “I think you need to get down here and be prepared for the worst.”
They purchased the plane ticket for me and I stayed in Beverly Hills for three very long days. Both nights were spent either in Casey’s room or in the waiting room with Carl (her brother) and Meeker (close friend). The three of us sang to her, prayed for her and fought the exhausted that came both physically and emotionally. Casey and Carl’s parents begged for the three of us to go downtown and take a break. We went down to Hollywood & Hayward and checked out the Stars and the Footprints. We tried to have an okay time, but we couldn’t hide our sadness.Sunday, just hours before my flight back home, she woke up. She couldn’t speak and looked very shaken but we were all so, so relieved that she pulled through. I didn’t want to leave her, out of fear of losing her. I just didn’t want to walk away. Within days she seemed to be her old self again. Making jokes, laughing and already planning more theme parties. And so far she’s been great, but has to have surgery. Brain surgery. When?
Tomorrow.
Seriously, why, God? Did I piss someone off? Was it Al Gore? Did I piss Al Gore off? Because, Al Gore, I will heartily apologize, if you will please leave my best friend alone. I will recycle! Just for you! I will cart all of my groceries around in eco-friendly bags! I will weave them from hemp! Whatever the hell you want
I'm sorry that this entry isn't funny or light and is...totally a bummer, actually, but it was important to me to speak of someone I love so very much.So I guess I’ll leave it at that.

Waffle-

My beautiful, beautiful friend, my soul-mate…I love you, am praying for you and wish I could be there so badly with you tomorrow. You’ve been such a wonderful addition to my life and I couldn’t be happier since we’ve been so close. I don’t want to be in a world that doesn’t have you in it. If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember; you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you. I can’t wait to see you, Til then, I’ll be wearing my l0l3rskat3s racing to catch the r0flc0pt3r to hang with you. ;)

Everyone else-I'll be back in the next few days with tales of the debauchery that is my daily existence. But in the meantime, if you get a chance, please say a quick prayer or think a kind thought for Casey.
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”
-Winnie the Pooh.

3 comments:

Carl 31.5.09  

Very beautiful Chels.
I'll read it to Cas as soon as she wakes up. I know she'll love to hear it.

Carl 12.6.09  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Windy,  12.6.09  

Hey Chels, I found your blog through Carl's. I was really surprised and sad to hear about Casey. She will be in my prayers, let me know please if there is anything I can do.

Post a Comment

lawl.

I want some w00t-l00ps with extra lmaonaise delivered by r0flcopter or lmaoplane now! kthx.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP